Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fashion Advice From a Sloth

Mrs. Sloth, that is.

So, Mrs. Sloth said her goodbyes yesterday and I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little sad about it [sniff sniff]. I met her in real life, and I was all like "OMG, Mrs. Sloth, all my friends and I just think you are the coolest thing since sliced bread. They are all like so totally jealous that I am hanging out with you right now. Can I get a picture?"

In her other life, she provides some awesome fashion advice. I love to read her blog What The Frock  for a number of reasons. 1. It's a super cute blog design. 2. I always wanna look like a celebrity on the cheap. And 3. You (yes, you!) can write to her and get real live (ok, live over the internets) advice on your very own personal dilemma.

So, I sent her my very own personal dilemma with the white, shiny dress and she tried to fall it up for me (although she says the white is fine, she does think it is too shiny for a casual bbq and I TOTALLY agree!).
Image via What the Frock

David's Bridal Dress $99 - Forever 21 Earrings $6 - Anthropologie Top $98
Seychelles Shoes $70 - ASOS Bag $39
I am totally digging that top from Anthropologie, but I do think the dress is just too freakin' shiny. Plus, I just got these boots in the mail today...
Rosegold Women's Gaddy Knee-High Boots / Image via Endless

I bought them on Gilt for much less than their price on Endless, but I still feel kinda guilty about buying them at all when every last cent should be going to the wedding or my new business. But...if I wear them for the rehearsal dinner, does that make it better?

So, I think the shiny white dress is out, and the boots are in. Just got to find another dress, or skirt, to go with the boots now. This is getting...well, "ridiculous" is the only word that comes to mind.

Have you ever obsessed over an event outfit this much? Is it because it's much easier to obsess over clothes than, say, seating charts and RSVPs?

No comments:

Post a Comment