Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

DIY Wedding FAIL

Or "I'm Only Allowed to Work with Paper Crafts From Now On."

Or "Screw It, Ima pay 70 bucks for a Mr. Magic, a Miss Magic, and two cats."

Well first things first: I had my first DIY fail. I tried to make cute painted cake toppers - a mini Mr and Miss Magic! Sort of like this:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.102220399.jpg

But mine turned out like this:

Notice the uneven paint job, bumpiness, and general sloppiness??? It's worse in person. Trust me - I'm not a perfectionist...it looked bad up close. So I said "OK, Miss Magic. You can do this! Take a deep breath and start over."

The second attempt was not better. I looked at my always shaky hands and said "Hands, you are ALWAYS shaky. No more painting for you ever. From now on, it's only paper crafts!"

And then...I had my first DIY Wedding SUCCESS! But that's the next post, so stay tuned!

Did you FAIL at something that was seemingly "simple" at first glance? At what point did you say, "Screw it, Ima pay 70 bucks for a Mr. Magic, a Miss Magic, and two cats?"

1 comment:

  1. I have failed several times so far, most of them come in the form of my mom telling me "maybe it would be better to just buy that item". Kinda harsh but keep at it

    ReplyDelete