Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's Time to Get Serious.

Or physical. It's time to get physical.

Video via YouTube

A couple of things happened that made me realize it's time to get serious physically (physically serious?).

One: It became August...I don't even know how that happened. And after August, y'all, it's September, and after that...wait for it...comes freaking October!!! Who knew?!?

Two, I just got back from a week long vacation at the beach. Nothing makes me want to work out more than wearing a bathing suit all week.

We've got about three months until The Big Day, and that means I have that same amount of time to tone up and most importantly, annihilate that stubborn stomach fat.Why did I buy such a fitted dress anyway?

I mean, I've been tryyyyyyyyyyying to work out. (Yes, I'm whining now.) I joined a gym. I got a new yoga mat (It's blue and really pretty). And I go to yoga twice a week. Ok, sometimes just once. I was gonna go today but I took a nap instead.

Image via Maria Media

It's been suggested that doing downward dog is not enough to tone and sculpt my entire body, and that I might have to do some dang blasted cardio too. The people who suggested that are probably just haters...whaddaya think?

Here are the problems, also known as, my excuses for not exercising.

1. Motivation. I ain't got it. I mean, I wanna be in shape for the wedding...I just don't wanna go to the gym.

 Image via Warrior Mind Coach

2. Migraines. Sometimes I get migraines from working out. Normally it's if I do something really intense (for me...it's probably not intense for the average person). Par example, one time I got a migraine after doing Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. And last week, I may have gotten a migraine after yoga class...I realize that makes me sound incredibly lame...hence the tiny font.

3. Mitral Valve. I have a very teeny tiny heart thing known as Mitral Valve Prolapse. Mine is pretty mild, I guess...but sometimes causes me to pass out while doing exercise that has sustained cardio. Like Zumba. Or running.

4. I'm freaking busy! Hello, I'm planning a wedding and working one full time job, one part time job, and trying to start two new businesses. Plus, it's Shark Week this week. I ain't got time to work out...I need to make some more buttons. Or some poms. Watch True Blood. Ok, maybe I'll have to make some sacrifices....

SIGH. Big fat freaking SIGH. Do you have the secret to flat abs, and if so, can you give it to me? That'd be super, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment