Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Surprise! It's Bachelorette Time.

I freaking hate surprises, y'all. Totally. I always feel left out that I'm not part of the planning process, and get really anxious about what might happen, and feel sorry for myself that I can't get excited and anticipate the event that is coming, because I don't know what to anticipate. Then I get anxious again.

Yes, I have a problem...it's been well established now in these blog posts.

Anyways, my bachelorette weekend was drawing near and it was a complete surprise. I kept trying to break all my friends individually to learn more about what was happening but they kept their secrets, well...secret. Here is what I did know.

I knew my little sister, Mini Magic, was in charge of planning, along with my bridesmaids. Now I love Mini Magic, but she is only 19, and has not had a ton of experience in party planning. Partying, yes...party planning, not so much.


This made me anxious (completely needlessly so, since she and the other gals pulled the entire weekend off amazingly).

I knew we were staying at the Hotel Tarrymore in downtown Wilmington.
 
Image via Hotel Tarrymore

I knew I was supposed to wear a black dress Saturday night, and everyone else was also wearing black dresses too, for the lingerie shower / fancy dinner / going out portion of the festivities.

I really thought it was going to be a French themed shower, which seemed like a fun yet slightly obvious choice. Oh, I was sooooooooooo wrong. It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that. It was the best surprise ever!!!

Do you like surprises, or would you rather know all the facts up front?

No comments:

Post a Comment