I'm referring to wedding related tasks and actually accomplishing wedding related tasks. Seems like I am doing a lot, which yes, I mostly enjoy...but...others say they will do certain tasks and then...nothing.
Image via Get Organized Wizard
My hypothesis is: I'm awesome and do things best, and everyone* else just sucks. Can you have a two pronged hypothesis? I should have read Miss Pony's scientific post more carefully....
Here's the pro - con list that will count as this completely
- The task gets done.
- The task gets done correctly, or, well, close enough.
- The task gets done in the time frame I planned.
- If the task doesn't get done, I just blame myself. (This is a pro and a con.)
- I feel resentful that I am doing everything.
- If the task doesn't get done, I just blame myself. (See? Pro and con!)
- Someone else, X, does it! Mr. Magic, a parent, a friend...yay!
- X might not do it. Like, ever.
- If X does it, it might not be right.
- If X does it, it might take 27x as long, which causes me to:
- Give lots of reminders. That's annoying to everyone involved...especially me but especially X.
- Feel bitter.
- Go insane(r).
- Expend mental energy remembering that it is on my To Do List but I can't check it off until X does it.
- Feel bitter.
- Go even more insane(r).
Do you delegate? Is it easier just to do it yourself?
*If you were wondering if "everyone" includes you, it most likely does not...unless you agreed to do a task and did not do it. Then, yeah, it most likely does.