Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Are Wedding Gifts Necessary?

I'm not talking about gifts from guests...obviously those are necessary (just kidding!...not really...). I'm talking about the bride and groom giving gifts to each other. I mean, of course it's not necessary...but it's fun!

I''m not sure Mr. Magic is getting me a gift or not. If he does, I hope he gets me something like this, but maybe a tad smaller. And less expensive. And, you know... fake.

 
Princess Kate's Ring / Image via Mid-Day

Size 5, honey. Ok, now get out.


Image of Professor Albus Dumbledore by Murray Close via NY Times / text added by Miss Magic

I'm getting Mr. M THREE gifts, because I am a super awesome soon to be wifey. And because most of the gifts I can enjoy, too - aren't those the best kind of presents?

Present #1 is actually the groom's cake. We will be chowing down on it at the Rehearsal Dinner, and it will look something like this:

Pepperoni Pizza Cake by Pates Cake Shop via Cake Central 

He knows we are having a groom's cake but doesn't know the design. Mr. Magic loves pepperoni pizza more than anything, except maybe cats and sports. Maybe I rank above pizza...not sure.

Gift #2: Erm, it's similar to Gift #1 (he really likes pizza, no lie) but it's a total surprise! As a late night snack at the reception, we are having mini pepperoni pizzas passed around. YUM. So drink up, guests, there will be greasy pizza to fuel you for the after party.

Gift #3: OK, this is an actual gift that can be wrapped and opened. I commissioned a picture of us and our cats by artist Lucy Kagan at her etsy shop Santa Luchia. Here is the finished artwork!

By Lucy Kagan at Santa Luchia

I think the picture is really great (and that I look really young, which I kinda like).

Are you and your significant other exchanging gifts and if so, what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment