Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Middle

You might think I’m referring to being the middle child, or being in the middle of family conflicts, or that television show The Middle. Or that Jimmy Eat World song The Middle. Or, the middle finger. But I’m not.

I’m referring to something much, much more important than any of those things. And something much more near and dear to my heart.


I’m referring to….The Middle Brownie!

Image via Divine Baking

People have very strong opinions about their brownies. Apparently, a lot of people like their brownies with edges. There are entire specialty cake pans devoted to baking a whole batch of brownies so that each brownie, when cut, has a crispy edge.

Slice Solutions Pan via And Another Thing

I just don’t understand the point of this. I hate those tough, chewy edges. I want my brownie cakey (or fudgy) and completely edgeless. So what if it’s a bit more messy? It’s DELICIOUS. I want someone to make a brownie pan that only bakes middle brownies. No edges. (I realize this might be impossible, but I like to dream big.)

Here’s a story for you. I was a senior in college and baked some brownies in the dorm kitchen, which was all the way down the hall from my room. I pulled the brownies out of the oven, left them to cool, and walked back to my room. Ten minutes later I walked back to get my heavenly brownies, following the delicious scent wafting down the hallway, and what did I find?

The entire middle was missing from my brownies!!! I thought this was a practical joke, and that perhaps my friends had cut the middle out of my brownies, but of course not eaten it because that would be way cruel. But no, apparently some Neanderthal punk ate the entire middle out of my brownies. I guess I can’t blame him too much…I mean, it is the best part.

[Um, Magic? What does this have to do with weddings?]

Oh, sorry, my bad. See, we’re having cake, and s’mores, but we are also having brownies! So I’m looking for the best brownie recipes in the whole entire world! Normally I use a coupon and buy what brownie mix is on sale, and Dr. Bridesmaid swears by the Ghiradelli brownies which are quite delicious.

Image via My Brands

But I’m betting with all these women in The Hive, there are some awesome brownie recipes out there! So, do you have a favorite brownie mix or recipe? Also, let’s settle this once and for all….

Poll:

Preach it, Magic, middle brownies are da bomb!

You crazy girl, edge brownies are the way to go!

I can’t believe you spend so much time thinking about brownies. Just eat them and enjoy!

I can’t believe you just said “da bomb.”

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, Magic, middle brownies are da bomb!
    I'll keep my eye out for a rockin' brownie recipe!
    love, mini magic

    ReplyDelete