Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

These are a few of my favorite things! I'm in a bit of a funk so I am trying to remind myself of some things that I love and that make me happy. Indulge me for a moment, if you don't mind....

http://www.yorkblog.com/teentakeover/img/eat-pray-love.gifhttp://askmissa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Committed-Elizabeth-Gilbert.jpg
Liz (yes, we're on a first name basis) Gilbert's two auto-biographical books about her journey around the world to find herself and her unexpected second marriage. Witty, insightful, and very near and dear to my heart. Some people hate on these books and their author, but to them I say "Get over yourself." There will be more posts coming about these amazingly inspirational and insightful books.

Let me preface this with, I am not necessarily "Candle Chick." I like candles, but I'm not normally gaga, in love, addicted to a candle. But one of my BFFs, aka Bridesmaid Bunny, gave me this candle for my 30th Birthday and I. Am. Addicted! I think she chose it because it's named after my cat, Isabella, but it is the best scent ev-er! And seriously, I'm not that into scents (FH is extra sensitive so I rarely wear perfume.) I plan on having this candle burning while I get dressed on my wedding day (although I will have to buy another one because the one I have I'm sure will be dunzo by then).

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte.jpg
source
It is not possible to over estimate how much I love this drink. Let's just say, my Starbucks addiction has reached soaring new heights and I am attempting to implement an intervention. I think it should work well...until tomorrow morning when the only way I can get out of bed and drag myself to work is to promise myself one of these calorie-laden treats. And yes, I did plan my wedding during the fall so that I could make sure to have one of these the day of. Always thinking, I am.

http://i48.tinypic.com/33otide.png
NieNie Dialogues
This is a blog written by a young woman named Stephanie Nielson. She is a mother to four young children, a wife to her husband, and a plane crash survivor. She also is stylish, inspiring, and energizing - even when she blogs about feeling crummy and exhausted, she somehow does it in such an optimistic way that one cannot help feeling, no, knowing that tomorrow will be better. Plus her faith is ridiculously awe-inspiring. She's Mormon, and while I am definitely not Mormon (I'm Moravian, and no, it is not at all similar to Mormons), I can't help admire and envy her positivity and seemingly unwavering goodness. Oh, did I mention she takes awesome photos and she's incredibly stylish too?

OK last but not least...if I am having a really really bad day, I will drop by Pet Smart and weasel my way into the kitten room!

source
OMG, there is nothing more soothing than a tiny little furry baby kitten!

OK, I feel better. Thanks for allowing me a little time to self soothe, I really appreciate it. Do you also enjoy any of my favorite things?

1 comment:

  1. These are some of my favorite things too! Especially the baby kittens :)

    ReplyDelete