Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back from Ireland, and God Bless America!

I've been gone for awhile, in Ireland for work. Sounds glamorous, doesn't it? Well it IS................NOT. SO SO NOT. I mostly enjoyed the inside of a Radisson, and the restaurant at that same Radisson, but I did get to do a few hours of sight seeing where I saw this:
Pretty, huh?

I also really missed America while I was gone. I missed the following things, in no particular order....




The European Union does have red coke (aka coca cola, or original coke) available...it just tastes gross. Apparently it has healthy sugar from a beet plant. Not that high fructose corn syrup that I love so much!

The two hotels I stayed in failed to provide me with washcloths. I never did figure out why this was the case. So I missed my washcloths and loofah thingys very much. Also, I missed my Clarisonic facial brush, which I was afraid to take in my luggage in case it went off and was mistaken for something else that vibrates.

Velveeta shells and cheese. Nuff said.

Blank index cards. In America, we are freaking spoiled. There are probably 4 stores within walking distance of my house (and I live in suburbia, y'all!) that sell a variety of office supplies - and these are NOT office supply stores. I'm talking CVS, Walgreens, Food Lion, Kroger...possibly even the gas station. In Ireland, I could NOT find a blank index card in any of the three grocery stores I went to. Only one of the three stores had markers (Tesco, obv) and none had packing tape or anything resembling it. I went into a Boots pharmacy that carried only Health and Beauty Aids. No gum, no magazines. WTF yo??? So I'm glad to be back in America where slightly useful items are available on every corner.

Finally, Weddingbee! Oh Weddingbee, how I have missed you! I had a chance to read you every now and then, but never time to comment or post. So, so sad. I want a week's vacation to catch up on all the wedding related decisions, dreams, and drama that I have missed out on!

Suffice to say, I am happy to be back in America, and especially happy to be back to reading Weddingbee while drinking red American coke and eating a box of Velveeta shells and cheese. Oh, and also happy to get back to some DIY projects for my own wedding, and to planning my friend's upcoming shower and bachelorette! More posts on those to come, so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment